- Cade Prophet, 25, of Spokane, Washington, fell to his death from a cliff at Palouse Falls Monday
- Prophet and his girlfriend were attempting to take a selfie when he slipped and plunged 40ft into the river, according to officials
- His girlfriend told authorities that he struck a rock on his way down and rolled into the water
- Divers recovered his body in a pool of water Tuesday afternoon, nearly 24 hours after the accident
- Park authorities have been concerned about hiker safety in the area for years
The body of a 25-year-old hiker from Washington state was discovered by divers on Tuesday, a day after officials said he plummeted to his death from a cliff while posing for a selfie with his girlfriend.
The victim, identified by local news outlets and friends on Facebook as Cade Prophet, slipped and fell from a rocky ledge into the river at Palouse Falls State Park on Monday.
According to officials, Prophet and his girlfriend spending Memorial Day hiking the picturesque park and taking selfies in an area deemed ‘unsafe’ for visitors.