- Charlotte Walford thought husband Spencer Walford was the man of her dreams
- But, after exchanging vows, he attacked the 29-year-old for ‘being drunk’
- Over the next few months, he subjected Ms Walford to a series of attacks
- He then began raping her when he decided he wanted Ms Walford to have a child
- Ms Walford later left her husband and saw him jailed for 14 years for the abuse
Charlotte Walford, from Northampton, thought her husband Spencer Walford was the man of her dreams. But, hours after exchanging vows, he began subjecting her to brutal attacks.
She revealed how her ex-husband attacked her on her wedding night before subjecting her to routine rapes when he decided he wanted to a child.
The campaign of abuse, which started at the couple’s wedding reception, continued for months until she finally reported the abuse to police.
Walford even subjected his wife to a series of rapes when he decided he wanted her to have their child.
The 29-year-old has now revealed how she was too ashamed to tell anyone what was going on until she became pregnant with their son.
In an attempt to protect her unborn baby, Ms Walford went to the police and testified against her husband.
Walford is now serving a 14-year jail term after pleading guilty to rape and other assaults
He is now serving a 14-year jail term after pleading guilty to rape and other assaults against Ms Walford.
She has now waived her right to anonymity to share her story and encourage other women in abusive relationships to speak out.
Ms Walford and her husband with some of their family at their registry office wedding. She had always wanted a larger ceremony