Andreea Cristea was on holiday in London with her boyfriend Andrei Burnaz and it has since emerged that he planned to ask her to marry him later that day.
Romanian architect Andreea Cristea was pushed over a barrier into the River Thames when Muslim convert Khalid Masood carried out his murderous rampage. The 31-year-old was on holiday in London with her boyfriend, Andrei Burnaz (pictured together top), when they were caught up in the carnage and it has since emerged that he was due to propose to her later that day. Harrowing video footage from the scene showed the moment Ms Cristea fell from the bridge into the water (circled bottom right). Mr Burnaz had an operation on a broken foot but has since been discharged and just days ago returned to the scene of the atrocity for a poignant vigil (bottom left).
Ms Cristea and her partner Andrei Burnaz (pictured left and right) were both injured in the attack on Westminster Bridge.
- Andreea Cristea has died in hospital following Westminster Bridge terror attack
- The 31-year-old Romanian architect was thrown from the bridge in the atrocity
- Family said Andreea was ‘most unique and life loving person you can imagine’
- Said she was ‘cruelly and brutally ripped away from our lives in the most heartless and spiritless way’
- Her death brings the number of innocent victims who died in the attack to five